Welcome to the Tupperville School Museum
Visit our collection of Acadian, Mi'kmaq and Settler artefacts
in one of Nova Scotia's last remaining one-room school houses
The museum building was built circa 1869 in Round Hill, Nova Scotia and was later moved to its current location.
The school operated until 1970 and often taught over 60 students at a time.
The museum has been open to the public since 1972.
There is a long history of Acadian settlements along the Annapolis River. Tupperville was one called Girouardville, after the Acadian Girouard family, who lived here 300 years ago.
We are fortunate to have a collection of items carved by Mi'kmaq artist, Louis Jeremy, who lived in Tupperville as a young man and is buried in Kingston, NS.
As a former one-room school house, we have many items related to teaching including original students desks, writing instruments, textbooks, and more.
2663 Highway 201
Open June - September
Mon - Tues
Wed - Sun
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Or by Appointment